International Association of Teachers of English as a Foreign Language

Linking, developing and supporting English Language Teaching professionals worldwide



Do you accredit any courses? What course should I take?

Although IATEFL does not endorse any courses, we recommend if you are starting out, to take a CELTA or TESOL course run by either Trinity or UCLES.  These are internationally recognised and will enable you to teach anywhere in the world. Before you choose your course, check with several schools or institutions in the country in which you wish to work. Ask what qualifications employers require.  Check that your chosen TEFL course leads to a recognised qualification.

We have a position we would like to advertise – where can we target your members?

Jobs can be advertised via our Jobs Market.

I have an event that I want to advertise to your members

IATEFL is only able to advertise IATEFL SIG events, IATEFL Conferences and Associate.

Can I put a link to my company on the IATEFL website?

Currently we don't have links from our website.